Natural Products Expo West is one of the best times of the year to immerse yourself in the natural products movement, as well as to connect with industry leaders, emerging companies, and “green” enthusiasts from around the world. 2015 was no exception.
I had a fantastic experience at Expo West, and on the way home to Chicago I took the opportunity to reflect on the Top 10 trends I encountered during the show:
- Juicing trends are shifting from fruit to vegetables, including many raw and cold-pressed varieties.
- Organic, raw, gluten-free, and non-GMO are strong themes that have staying power.
- Maca root and BaoBao are the new ingredients that seem most on-trend.
- There are less new products with acai and goji berries.
- Products with cacao and coconut continue to have staying power.
- Protein powders including many vegan products.
- Vegan everything!
- There is still too much wasteful packaging in the natural products market. Companies searching for compostable and recyclable packaging stand out as leaders with a differentiated approach.
- Hemp products and use of hemp plant and seeds in products are on the rise.
- There is new-found attention on authenticity of claims for “Natural” and “All-Natural” products on both the industry and consumer level. It’s more important than ever to do as you say when it comes to natural products.
Which trends stood out the most to you at Expo West? Make sure to check out snapshots and more tidbits from the show on our Twitter feed.
Share and Enjoy